see you when i see you, jason aldean
dear riddle me this,
let’s don’t say goodbye
I hate the way it sounds
so, if you don’t mind
let’s just say for now
this isn’t meant to be a dramatic omgimquittingmyblog post. just a stepping away for a while. an indefinite blog sabbatical if you will.
but in the meantime:
thank you for the ride.. for helping me through (a whole lot of) downs, and encouraging me through the (really incredible) ups. introducing me to sincerely fabulous people, and helping reconnect me to some i thought i’d never see again. but it’s time for a break. time to go & see & do and still write, but just not here.
please know i will miss you a lot (a lot a lot) but that i truly am somewhere at peace in my mind & heart… and lest not forget having a shitton of fun.
see you when i see you.
- ran a seven mile road race with a really, really, ridiculously good looking group of people. didn’t come in last. win/win.
- spent some time on a boat and tanned my toosh as much as possible. sunburnt lips. always.
- relished in the enviable winding down of summer. tried not to cry. instead smiled because it happened (or something like that?)
- enjoyed tummy time with my most favorite three month old on earth. fiona mae.
is there almost something magic about those last few weeks of august or am i drinking my crazy juice again?
i know i’ve been pretty quiet over here but i have to be honest, it really feels kind of nice.
just to confirm: this life is not a difficult one.
I have found that my activity level on my blog (sometimes, not all the time) is a current reflection of my real life contentedness.
spoiler alert: I don’t share everything that happens to me in life on this blog. and actually, probably less than 5% of me is actually on this thing so if you like reading my corner of the internet I am incredibly flattered but please note I am kind of a weirdo (+ a sometimes asshole) in real life
I use this space as an outlet to share lame-o stories, fun pictures, makeup tips and the like
but I’ve been feeling very quiet lately, and guilty that I haven’t put as much time & effort (actual time and effort people!) into my online journal, but mostly (as evidenced above) I am just genuinely happy in most (but never all!) aspects of my cultivated little Boston life…
and I felt the need to explain myself.
so even though I am sometimes missing around these parts, feel free to picture me frolicking the beaches of the Cape or going for early evening walks around the city, and know that I am at ease in my life and that I am wishing the same for you :)
mama, your girl has a birthday coming up… not that i’m hinting or anything.
see also: clarisonic brush heads & mascara
i’m all for patriotism but i’m not here to kid myself and pretend the single reason i’m watching isn’t ryan lochte.
usa, usa, u - s - a ! (& tight asses)
lunchbreak pit-stop at the downtown crossing farmer’s stand for a summer afternoon pickmeup.
- giving the illusion that i am sophisticated
- still not chocolate
those people who are all gazelle like and hit their ‘stride’ and forget altogether that they are even running while thinking of it as some sort of therapy?
not one of those people.
my body fights me every step of the frickin’ way and my giant ass just wants to succumb to gravity and all i can think of is being horizontal with chocolate covered almonds.
but katelyn (hatchu kate) forced me to sign up for the falmouth road race and i unluckily got a number in the lottery and the thing is in three weeks.
so, last night i made myself run home from work.
four miles, nothing insane, but i mean four miles is longer than the 5 blocks to the bus stop and the last time i ran was falmouth last year (awesome training plan joanna) so off i went hating everyone & obviously snapping pictures because it’s the right thing to do if you have a blog and are narcissistic. check & check.
moral of the story: i actually surprised myself and kicked butt at this! i am in pretty good shape because of jillian (also hatchu jillian) and didn’t have to stop once!
but… i did get stuck in a thunderstorm and things turned more wetshirt contest and less workout around 6pm.
happy wednesday, enjoy that visual.
reblogged for my dad :)
thanks for taking me as your h&o date summer after summer.
Hall & Oates, Sarah Smile
"For whatever we lose, its always ourselves we find in the sea.” — E.E. Cummings
short version of my makeup routine.
- read the above link
- fist pump that you already have bare minerals warmth in your arsenal
- then buy this [don’t be dumb, use ebates]
- read this to know how to apply properly
- glance in the mirror and realize you look like approximately one million dollars
- giggle when your mom asks what you are doing differently and comes home with said highlighter stick
- pee yourself when your grandma requests someone buy her said highlighter stick
- realize you can spend all the monies you were saving on a nose job on 650 pairs of shoes (oh you didn’t want a nose job, cool life, just me then) because you no longer need said nose job
- still wonder why you are single because now you give jennifer aniston a run for her money
- live happily ever after, the end
[via: ahappyernie: birchbox]